A quick and classic spring canapé of tender green asparagus stems wrapped in Parma ham with a light citrus dip
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Appetisers
- 20 asparagus spears
- 5 slices Parma ham
- 200 ml creamy mayonnaise
- zest 1 lemon, juice ½ lemon
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, tip in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Quarter each slice of ham, into 4 shorter strips, then wrap one around the middle of each asparagus spear.
- Mix the mayo with the lemon zest and juice and a little pepper and put in a small bowl.
- Serve with the asparagus, warm or cold, for dipping.
Serves 5 as a nibble, or 10 with other nibbles