Melted brie with an almond touch makes a decadent appetiser with crackers or baguette slices.
Baked Brie with Amaretto
Recipe type: Snacks
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 30 g amaretto
- 1 round Brie cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts
- Baguette slices, toast rounds, crackers, or sliced apples
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat brown sugar and butter over medium heat until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and amaretto. Mix well.
- Place brie in an oven-safe casserole dish. Top with sauce and sprinkle with almonds or walnuts. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until brie is soft. (Instead of baking, you may microwave brie at 30-second intervals until soft and warm.)
- Serve with baguette slices, toast rounds, crackers, or sliced apples.
4 to 6 servings, depending on the size of the brie round