There is no grilling required to make these dippers, they are simply baked to perfection. Both colourful and flavourful, these snacks are great for any occasion.
- 16 (15 cm or longer) wooden or metal skewers
- 16 Italian flavoured or Beef sausages
- 1 large red capsicum (bell pepper), seeded and cut into 8 strips
- 1 large green capsicum (bell pepper), seeded and cut into 8 strips
- 1 - 2 cups tomato-based pasta sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Place a piece of sausage in the natural curve of a capsicum strip. (See notes)
- Push a skewer gently through one end of the capsicum then the sausage then the other end of the capsicum , with the capsicum surrounding the sausage on three sides.
- Place on a rimmed baking tray. Repeat with remaining capsicums and sausages.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until sausages are cooked through. Serve with warm pasta sauce for dipping.
Another option is to only get 8 sausages and cut them in half. Use capsicums of an appropriate size.
View best deals on Wooden and Metal Skewers
View best deals on Baking Trays