Fresh prawns are threaded onto skewers, seasoned with flavours of the Caribbean, and then grilled to perfection. For an extra tropical flavour serve with grilled plantain and pineapple.
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch or two of cayenne pepper
- 24 extra large green prawns, peeled, deveined, with tails left on
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- In a small bowl, combine allspice, ginger, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; mix well.
- Place shrimp on skewers, if desired, and sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of prawns.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook prawns for 2 - 3 minutes per side, or until pink. Drizzle with lime juice and serve immediately.
If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for about 15 minutes before using, so they won't burn.