Take some mixed nuts, add a little spice and heat with candied ginger and cayenne pepper and you have the perfect appetiser
Gingered Assorted Nuts
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 450 unsalted mixed nuts
- ¾ cup minced candied ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a large bowl, combine nuts, candied ginger, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and sesame seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water over medium-high. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, 3 minutes.
- Pour sugar syrup over nut mixture and toss well to combine.
- Arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until nuts are golden, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool completely on sheet on a wire rack before breaking into bite-size pieces.