Goat-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Great bite-sized appetisers that are welcome on any table. Perfect for entertaining.
- olive oil, for baking sheet
- 3 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 small clove garlic , coarsely chopped
- 150 g soft goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- coarse salt
- 500 g white button mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 205°C. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a food processor, pulse bread and garlic until fine crumbs form; set ½ cup aside. To food processor, add goat cheese, parsley, and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt, and pulse filling until combined.
- Spoon filling into each mushroom, and roll filled side in reserved breadcrumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet; bake until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.