These delicious appetiser or side dish stacks are baked Bintje potato slices layered with melted Parmesan cheese and fresh basil pesto. Quick, easy, and very tasty.
Parmesan and Pesto Potato Stacks
- 6–8 Bintje potatoes (each about 5 cm in diameter)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons Classic Basil Pesto
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the potatoes (optional) and thinly slice them by hand, with a mandolin or food processor fitted with slicer blade, discarding rounded ends.
- Place in mixing bowl, add shredded parmesan and pesto, and mix well with a spoon, separating potato slices so that all are evenly coated with mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stack slices beginning with smaller potato pieces at the bottom in the prepared muffin tin until they reach the top of the muffin tin.
- Scrape bowl to remove all remaining cheese mixture and spoon over potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife.