Pik Kai Sot Sai Thot - Deep Fried Stuffed Chicken Wings
This is a finger licking good chicken starter from Thailand that will wow your guests and seriously dent their appetite for the rest of the meal.
- 12 large chicken wings
- 500 g chicken mince
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 cm fresh ginger, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli (according to how hot you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- oil, for frying
- Holding end of large third joint of wings, trim around the bone with knife. Cut, scrape and push meat down to middle joint, without cutting skin. Twist bone, remove and discard bone. Repeat process with the remaining wings.
- Blend minced chicken, onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and 1 tablespoon cornflour until combined.
- Fill the cavities of wings with the mixture, secure ends with toothpicks
- Toss wings in remaining cornflour, shake off excess. Dip into egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry wings until golden brown and tender. Remove toothpicks before serving. This is great served with a sweet chilli peanut sauce