Quickly sauteed in garlic butter and then infused and served with peri peri sauce, these prawns are the perfect snack for people who like some bite in their food. Or you can add a few more prawns and serve them with Portuguese rice as a main meal.
- 24 large green prawns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup peri peri sauce (see recipe)
- Heat butter and garlic in a wok, skillet or heavy-based frying pan.
- Add prawns, and fry for 5 minutes, until the colour has turned pink.
- Add per peri sauce and stir through to coat the prawns with sauce.
- Squeeze the lemon over the prawns and serve immediately.
- Try these prawns with Portuguese tomato rice or crusty bread.