Prawn and Mango Salad
The sweet mango, spicy chilli, and salty marinade comes together with grilled prawns and salad for a perfect light meal, side dish, or snack on a hot summer day.
- 20 large prawns, headless, peeled, deveined
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 small cucumbers, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cored, seeded, and sliced thinly
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- small handful sesame seeds, toasted in a dry fry pan
- olive oil
- 5 cm knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 - 2 fresh red chillies, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Place cleaned prawns into a rimmed glass baking dish. In a small bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and then drizzle half over top of the prawns.
- In a large bowl, combine the mango, bean sprouts, cucumber, coriander, pepper, spring onions, and sesame seeds. Mix with the reserved marinade.
- BBQ, grill or stir-fry the prawns on medium heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.-
- Serve the salad mounded on plates with 5 prawns on top of each.