Take your meatballs up a notch with the addition of cheddar cheese and onion for a very flavourful appetizer
Sausage Meat and Cheese Balls
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Appetiser
Serves: Makes 48
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 225 g grated cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 450 g sausage meat
- ½ large onion, grated on large holes of a box grater
- 2¼ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 205°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and baking powder.
- Add cheddar cheese and toss to coat.
- Add sausage meat, onion, and butter.
- With your hands, mix until well combined and roll mixture into 2½ cm balls.
- Place balls, 1 cm apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until balls are golden and cooked through, 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.