These oriental inspired sticky chicken wings are perfect as finger food, an appetiser, or a sticky treat at your next BBQ or picnic.
Sticky Oriental Soy Chicken Wings
- 1 large clove garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- pinch of cayenne
- 1.3 kg chicken wingettes or chicken wings
- 1½ tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 spring onion (green part only), finely chopped
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large shallow baking pan (40 x 30 cm) with foil and lightly oil foil.
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with salt using a large heavy knife. Transfer garlic paste to a large bowl and stir in soy sauce, hoisin, honey, oil, and cayenne. Add wingettes to sauce, stirring to coat.
- Arrange wingettes in 1 layer in baking pan and roast, turning over once, until cooked through, about 35 minutes. Transfer wingettes to a large serving bowl and toss with sesame seeds and spring onion.