Akuri - Parsi Style Seasoned Scrambled Eggs
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Eggs
- ¾ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1 cm ginger, grated
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until golden.
- Add the garlic and green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add the ginger to the pan and cook for another 30 seconds before adding half the tomato and a large pinch of coriander - fry for another minute.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and salt until combined. Take the pan off the heat and pour in the egg mixture.
- Return the pan to a medium-low heat and stir until the mixture lightly sets - it should have a creamy texture.
- Stir in the remaining tomatoes and coriander.
- Serve straight away with an Indian bread or hot, buttered toast.