Stir-fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts is a popular dish on the menu of Thai restaurants around the world. This easy recipe will bring the flavours and texture of the meal to your dinner table.
Gai Pad Med Ma Muang - Stir-fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Chicken
- 250 g diced chicken
- ½ cup unsalted cashew nuts
- ½ onion
- ¾ tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 5 - 6 dried chillies (or 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes)
- ¾ tablespoon potato flour
- ¾ tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai light soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix potato flour with chicken.
- Heat oil in a small pan, fry dried chilli until it turns dark red in colour. Remove from oil. Set aside.
- In the same pan, fry chicken until chicken is cooked. Take care not to burn and overcook. Remove from oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add sugar, oyster sauce and Thai light soy sauce. Mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan. On medium-high heat, add minced garlic in the pan. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add onion and fried chilli. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Add prepared sauce. Stir well for about 1 minute.
- Add fried chicken and cashew nuts. Stir until the sauce is almost dried up.
- Turn off heat. Add spring onions. Stir well. Remove from heat.
- Serve with jasmine rice