Khao Khai Chiao – Omelette with White Rice
Khao Khai Chiao - Omelette with White Rice
A Thai omelette (khai chiao) with white rice, often eaten with a chilli sauce and slices of cucumber.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sriracha sauce, to taste (see recipe)
- Combine eggs, fish sauce, and water in medium bowl and use fork or whisk to blend them well.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or wok over medium-high heat until a bit of the egg mixture sizzles and blooms at once.
- Pour in eggs and as soon as they begin to set, pull the puffy edges gently toward the centre, letting the uncooked eggs in the centre flow out to the edges and cook.
- When the edges are golden and the surface almost set, gently flip the omelette and cook other side for 1 minute. Do not fret if it breaks.
- Scoop the omelette out onto a serving plate, and serve at once with cooked white rice, slices of cucumber, and small saucers of sriracha sauce.
Calories: 540 Fat: 47g Saturated fat: 8g Unsaturated fat: 36g Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 1822mg Protein: 26g Cholesterol: 744mg