A tasty Thai curry recipe made with beef mince, coconut milk, and red curry paste to warm up your cold winter nights.
Panang Nua - Panang Beef Balls
- 500g lean beef, minced
- 60g plain flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground peanuts or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or mint leaves, to garnish
- Shape beef mince into small round balls about 2½ cm in diameter. Roll balls in flour, dusting off excess. Heat oil in a wok and fry beef. Remove and set aside on absorbent kitchen paper.
- In the remaining oil, stir-fry red curry paste for several minutes over low heat to prevent sticking. Stir in coconut milk. Add fish sauce, peanuts and sugar. Taste to see if extra fish sauce is needed.
- Return beef balls to sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped basil leaves.
- Serve with rice or a salad.