Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry
Thai Pineapple Chicken Curry is a quick, easy, and authentic Thai curry dish that's sweet and very spicy. It can be made as a side dish, or for a full course meal.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, bite-size pieces
- ½ cup bamboo shoots
- 12 red cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves,minced
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar ( if using canned pineapple omit this)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 red chilli pepper, sliced , extra spicy, optional
- Fresh coriander or basil leaves, to garnish, optional
- On separate cutting boards dice the pineapple and chicken into thick bite size pieces.
- In a large pan or wok warm up oil, then add the chicken and cook all the way through.
- Next add the ginger and garlic , cook for a few minutes then add the curry paste stir to combine with chicken.
- Then add the chicken broth, sugar, turmeric , bamboo shoots and fish sauce. At this point you can also add the extra chilli pepper if you are using it.
- Under medium heat cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stir, next add the cherry tomatoes and pineapple, cook for another 5-8 minutes at which point the tomatoes should be soft.
- Serve hot. with a couple of fresh basil or coriander leaves for decoration. Serve with steamed white rice