Developed for chicken this mayonnaise and vinegar sauce has become so well known among barbecue fans that it has generated many admirers. It is so popular in Alabama it must be considered a regional classic.
Use this white sauce when grilling or barbecuing chicken; Brush lightly over the chicken during the last few minutes of grilling. This sauce is also great for dipping; set some sauce aside for passing at the table.
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon finely ground cayenne pepper
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate in a jar for at least 2 hours, if possible, to allow the flavours to meld.