These quick and easy barbecued chicken kebabs have a little bit of zing added to them with the chilli and lemon.
Chilli and Lemon Chicken Kebabs
- zest of 1 lemon (grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- In a glass bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, oil, chilli, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Dice the chicken into 2 cm chunks. Pour the lemon and chilli mixture over and toss to combine. (see notes)
- Thread 4–5 pieces of chicken on to 10 metal skewers.
- Heat a barbecue grill until hot. Cook the chicken skewers for 8–10 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden brown and cooked through.
If time permits put the chicken pieces into the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours, then continue as per the recipe.