Spicy chicken skewers with a hint of lemon are perfect to cook on the BBQ any time of year. So easy to make and they taste divine.
Spicy BBQ Chicken Skewers
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- Mix together the lemon zest and juice, oil, chilli, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Dice the chicken into 2 cm chunks. Pour the lemon and chilli mixture over and toss to combine. Thread 4–5 pieces of chicken on to 10 metal skewers.
- Heat a barbecue grill until hot. Cook the chicken skewers for 8–10 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden brown and cooked through.