These moist blonde brownies are full of nuts and chocolate chips and bursting with flavour.
ChocNut Blonde Brownies
- 115g butter
- 425g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 115g white whole wheat flour
- 85g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 425g chocolate chips
- 50g pecans, chopped
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 175°C. Lightly grease a 33 x 23cm pan.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the brown sugar, and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour the butter-sugar mixture into a medium-sized bowl, and allow it to cool to lukewarm.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the chips and nuts, stirring to combine. Fold in the chips and nuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan, and bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, until they're light brown on the edges and top.
- Remove them from the oven, loosen their edges with a table knife, and cool completely before cutting.