Cornflakes and Cranberry Crisps
Take a popular breakfast cereal, add some chocolate and dried cranberries, and you have a makeover of Chocolate Crackles.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Biscuits & Cookies
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 150 g bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 3 cups cornflakes (90 g)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries 40 g
- Chop the two chocolates and place ¾ of them in a heat-proof bowl. Microwave on high heat for 30 seconds, then remove the bowl and stir the chocolates vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Continue heating and stirring in 30 second intervals, switching to 15 second intervals as the chocolate starts to melt. Heat only until the chocolate is just melted.
- Add the remaining chocolate and stir vigorously until melted and smooth. (If the chocolate hasn't completely melted, microwave it for another 5-10 seconds).
- Place the cornflakes in a medium bowl. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cornflakes and immediately fold together using a rubber spatula, being careful not to break up the cornflakes. Work quickly so the chocolate doesn't harden.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Working with 2 soup spoons, scoop 8 mounds of the crisps onto the paper. Set aside at room temperature to cool completely and harden.
- Peel the crisps off the paper and serve.