Crispy Lemon Cookies with Lemon Glaze
These cookies are perfect for the true lemon lover with crisp lemon cookies and a lemon glaze on top. The perfect treat anytime.
- 2 level cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For lemon glaze
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1½ tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until combined. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 2½ cm apart, onto two baking sheets. Bake until edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Let cool 2 minutes on sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread cookies with lemon glaze and let set, about 1 hour.
- To glaze the cookies - In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups icing sugar, 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest, and ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice until smooth.