Taking only a few minutes to prepare, this tangy, fudgey slice is sure to please even the most discerning sweet tooth.
- 125 g butter
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- ½ tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 250 g packet Arnott's Milk Arrowroot Biscuit (crushed)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut (to decorate)
- 100 g butter
- 1½ cups lemon flavoured icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons hot water
- Heat the butter, brown sugar and condensed milk until the butter has melted. Do not boil.
- Add chopped apricots and crushed biscuits. Mix well. Press into a greased 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.
- Beat butter until pale and fluffy. Add lemon flavoured icing sugar and sufficient water so that you have a light, fluffy mixture.
- Spread over the slice and sprinkle with coconut. Set in refrigerator. Cut into squares.
Lemon flavoured icing sugar is available in supermarkets - check the baking section.