Lemon Coconut Slice
Tangy lemon meets with tropical coconut making a lovely slice to enjoy as a snack or perfect as a dessert with whipped cream.
Author: The Cook
- 125g butter
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in the flours and sour cream, then press into the base of the lined tin, smoothing with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until very pale golden and just set in the centre. Remove from the oven.
For the topping
- Whisk together the condensed milk, eggs, second measure of plain flour, coconut, lemon zest and juice.
- Pour over the semi-baked base and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. Allow to cool before cutting.
- Serve whipped cream garnished with flaked coconut.
This slice is best kept in an airtight container in the fridge.