Biksemad - Danish Hash
- 90 g butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 700 g cooked cold potatoes, diced
- 450 g cooked leftover meat, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 fried eggs (optional)
- finely chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
- Melt half of the butter in a skillet, saute the onions until golden, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Put the remaining butter in the skillet and saute the potato until they are turning brown.
- Add meat and cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Return the cooked onions and cook until all is heated through.
- Traditionally you put a fried egg on top of the hash that is still soft centered.