The delicious spices of Chai tea work really well together and are a good contrast with the sweetness of the banana in this melt-in-your-mouth loaf of Chai Banana Bread
Chai Banana Bread
- 1½ cups mashed very ripe banana (about 3)
- ⅓ cup plain fat-free yoghurt
- 3¾ tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 280 g all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Combine the bananas, yoghurt, melted butter, and eggs in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until just blended.
- Add both sugars and beat at a medium speed until just blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat until just blended.
- Stir the ground spices and vanilla extract into the batter.
- Pour into a 23 x 13cm loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 175°C for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan; cool.