Fresh strawberries go into making this delicious loaf. Serve it as a cake with whipped cream or as a dessert with creamy custard.
Strawberry Pecan Loaf
- 550 g strawberries, hulled and mashed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups self-rising flour, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Coat two 23 x 13 cm (9" x 5") loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on low speed, beat strawberries, sugar, oil, and eggs until well mixed. Add 2½ cups flour and continue beating until well combined.
- In a small bowl, toss pecans with remaining ½ cup flour then stir into strawberry mixture (see notes). Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool slightly then remove to wire racks to cool completely.