This is no ordinary apricot cheesecake. It is made even sweeter by adding apricot pieces to the inside and an apricot glaze on top to finish.
- 2 cups finely crushed Nice or Digestive biscuits
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 x 410 g can apricot halves
- 3 x 250 g blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 270 g apricot fruit spread
- ¼ cup apricot nectar
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
For cheesecake crust
- In a medium bowl combine crushed butter cookies and melted butter. Press mixture evenly onto bottom and 5 cm up the sides of a 23 cm springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Drain apricot halves, reserving 2¼ tablespoons syrup. Coarsely chop apricots; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, the reserved syrup, and vanilla essence with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add eggs all at once, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in chopped apricots.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place on a shallow baking pan in oven. Bake about 50 minutes or until centre appears nearly set when cheesecake is gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan and cool cheesecake 30 minutes more. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely.
- In a small saucepan melt apricot spread over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in the apricot nectar. Spread over cheesecake. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.
We used Coles SmartBuy Apricot Fruit Spread