The ingredients are very typical of those found in Thai cuisine, and the sausage themselves are very easy to make. And if you don’t have a sausage filler they also make excellent patties.
There is heat in the forms of fresh chillies and garlic, and the coriander, lemongrass, and galangal along with lime zest really shine. A combination of pork and chicken allows these flavours to blend rather than using all pork. Adding in fish sauce and coconut milk for two familiar flavours completes the recipe.
- 560 g chicken thighs
- 160 g pork belly
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped finely
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 lime zested
- 15 g lemongrass, minced
- 15 g galangal, minced
- 15 g garlic, minced
- 15 g fresh chillies, minced
- Chill pork belly and chicken until nearly frozen. Grind through large die.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir to bind sausages.
- Chill overnight to meld flavours.
- Stuff sausages or form into patties and grill