Chicken with Kidney Beans - Pollo y riñón Habas Estofado
Nicely browned chicken breasts cooked with kidney beans, in a spiced onion, yoghurt, and tomato sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts, about 700 g
- 400 g cooked red kidney beans
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 200 g yoghurt
- 4 tablespoon tomato sauce
- ¾ tablespoon flour
- ¾ tablespoon sugar
- ¾ tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- pinch of chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Season the chicken breasts with a little salt and half the paprika. Coat with flour and set aside.
- Mix the yoghurt with the tomato sauce. Drain the beans and place in a large pan.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken breasts. Remove and place on top of the beans.
- In the same oil, gently sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the paprika, chilli powder and vinegar while stirring.
- Add the yoghurt and tomato sauce mixture. Bring to a boil then pour over the chicken and beans.
- Taste for salt. Bring to a boil, simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes then serve.