Cambodian tuk trey will add zest and fire to your meals – whether it is pasta or steak or fried chicken, the tuk trey can bring a tang of Southeast Asia to the table and make everyday meals taste different. The tuk trey is an essential ingredient in many Cambodian dishes.
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 medium sized red chillies, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground peanuts
- juice of 1 large lime, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Put the garlic, chillies, lime juice, sugar and water into a blender and whiz until you get a nice paste. Add the fish sauce and stir. Beat in the ground peanuts.
There are no hard and fast rules here. The important thing is that you enjoy the sauce. Just make sure the basic ingredients are included in the recipe. The sauce is very versatile and can also be used as a marinade.