Roasted Jalapeño Salsa
- 3 green jalapeño chillies, halved and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ medium onion
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- ½ cup chicken stock or broth
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- On a baking sheet toss the jalapeño halves, onion, and garlic with olive oil and arrange so that garlic cloves tuck under the cavities of the jalapeño halves.
- Season with salt and pepper, and roast in the oven until the jalapeños begin to blacken and char along with the onions, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place all the ingredients, oil included, into a food processor.
- Add the coriander, chicken stock, and lime juice, blend until smooth, taste and season with salt. Set aside to blend and use as required.