Sauce andalouse is a Belgian specialty, a sauce consisting of mayonnaise, tomato paste, and peppers (such as pimientos or fresh or roasted capsicum) typically served with french fries. Some recipes use Velouté or Espagnole Sauce instead of mayonnaise. Despite the name, there is no connection with the Spanish region of Andalusia.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green capsicum
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red capsicum
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Stir together all sauce ingredients and chill, covered, at least 1 hour to allow flavours to develop.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.