This easy to make spread is a great topping for any of your breakfast or dessert favourites such as crumpets, bagels, pancakes, or ice cream. With a kick of bourbon to give it extra oomph, Bourbon & Peach Spread turns ordinary into extraordinary!
Bourbon & Peach Spread
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Spread
- 6 medium yellow-flesh peaches (to make 4 cups of sliced peaches)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup bourbon (see Notes)
- Peel the peaches and slice flesh evenly to make 4 cups of sliced peaches.
- In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 60 - 75 minutes, or until peaches have broken down and syrup has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Even though the alcohol in the bourbon cooks off, if you'd prefer, you can substitute water for the bourbon.