Candied pomelo rind – a unique and easy citrus candy. This is a simple, fool proof recipe for sweet and tangy candied pomelo peel (it is perfect for other citrus fruits as well).
Candied Pomelo Rind
Candied pomelo rind - a unique and easy citrus candy. This is a simple, fool proof recipe for sweet and tangy candied pomelo peel<em> (it is perfect for other citrus fruits as well).</em>
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Confectionery
- 1 pomelo
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Use a paring knife to make four slices along the top of the pomelo rind to the bottom. Peel pomelo saving the fruit for a different purpose such as our .
- Carefully remove all of the white pith from the green peel. The pith is quite bitter so you want to remove as much as you can. Discard the pith.
- Slice the pomelo rind into 6mm x 8cm sticks.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Place pomelo rind in the pot and blanch for one minute. Discard the water and rinse rind under cool water. Repeat this process three times. This will help to remove a lot of the rinds bitterness.
- Place two cups of water and two cups of sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Add pomelo rind to the sugar water and simmer for 1-1 ½ hours, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rinds are translucent.
- Carefully move the rinds to a rack and sprinkle with sugar. Let them dry for about 3 hours, turning them halfway through.
- Store in a sealed container.