A fresh variation of the classic coffee-infused Italian tiramisu, succulent berries combine with citrus-soaked sponge cake and creamy filling in this elegant dessert.
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 sponge finger biscuits
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300 ml whipped thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 125 g fresh blueberries
- 125 g fresh raspberries
- 250 g fresh strawberries
- juice of 1 orange & finely grated rind
- ½ cup sugar
- Heat sugar and finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange until syrupy. Hull a punnet of strawberries, slice and combine with a punnet of each raspberries and blueberries. Stir in syrup and brandy. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fold whipped thickened cream and vanilla through mascarpone. Drain juice from berries into a shallow bowl.
- Dip sponge finger biscuits into syrup and arrange into serving glasses. Spoon over mascarpone and berries and repeat layers. chill for 20 minutes