A chocolate biscuit base topped with a mixture of bananas, peanut butter, and cream cheese come together to make these delicious dessert bars.
Peanut Butter and Banana Bars
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12 Servings
- 15 chocolate ripple biscuits, finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 115 g cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 250 ml double thick cream
- 2 small bananas
- ¼ cup chopped lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- Heat oven to 175°C
- Line 20 cm square baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Mix biscuit crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the crust is firm. Allow to cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and milk in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Gradually beat in the icing sugar. Gently stir in double thick cream. Spread half the cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Cut bananas lengthwise in half; place over cream cheese layer on crust.
- Cover with remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with roasted peanuts.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove dessert from freezer 20 minutes. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly.
- Use foil handles to remove dessert from baking pan before cutting into bars.