Having an “apple a day” has never been easier or tastier than with this healthy snack. Or serve with ice cream and dollops of cream for a delicious dessert.
- 2½ cups apple juice
- 4 Golden Delicious apples, unpeeled, cored, and cut into wedges (see note)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2¼ tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine apple juice and apples; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until fork-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove apples to a bowl, leaving the liquid in the skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; whisk into liquid in skillet. Cook over medium heat until mixture has thickened. Return apples to skillet and stir until evenly coated.
You can use whatever apple variety you have on hand!