Having an “apple a day” has never been easier or tastier than with this healthy snack. Or serve with ice cream and dollops of cream for a delicious dessert.
- 2½ cups apple juice
- 4 Golden Delicious apples, unpeeled, cored, and cut into wedges (see note)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2¼ tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine apple juice and apples; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until fork-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove apples to a bowl, leaving the liquid in the skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; whisk into liquid in skillet. Cook over medium heat until mixture has thickened. Return apples to skillet and stir until evenly coated.