Crumbled gingernut biscuits add a unique flavour to this peach crisp. It is a comforting dessert that can be whipped up in just 30 minutes.
Gingernut and Peach Crisp
Author: The Cook
Recipe type: Dessert
- 5 fresh peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup crushed gingernut biscuit (or gingersnap cookies) (about 8 biscuits )
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Coat a 20 cm square baking dish with cooking spray. Place peaches, sugar, and cinnamon in baking dish; toss until peaches are evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit crumbs, brown sugar, and butter; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.