Indian Style Fruit Custard
This Indian fruit salad custard is an easy to make and delicious dessert. Milk custard, nuts and fruits of your choice will soon make this dessert a favourite for everyone. It changes into a different tasting dessert every time you change the fruits, nuts and the custard flavour. This dessert can be made without any pre-planning.
- 2 cups milk
- 80 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder ; mixed with 3 tablespoons milk.
- 2 - 3 tablespoons cashew nuts, or nuts of your choice
- 2 cups chopped fresh fruit
- Mix custard powder and 3 tablespoons of milk in a cup to make lump free paste.
- Boil the milk in a saucepan, add the custard paste that you prepared, then add the nuts and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Cool down the mixture little bit and then refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve chilled with fruits of your choice such as pomegranate, strawberries, banana, apples, pineapple, and sapodilla
Avoid fruits which tend to release water.