These are a little bit of effort to make but look so wonderful on the serving plate. Don’t expect them to last very long as your guests will snap them up quickly.
Jello Shot Bites
- 3 cups lemonade
- 4 envelopes unflavoured gelatine (or 10 teaspoons)
- 1½ tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipped cream-flavoured vodka
- green food colouring
- 23 x 23 cm square pan
- edible glitter (optional)
- Pour 3 cups lemonade into a medium-sized saucepan. Sprinkle 4 envelopes (or 10 teaspoons) unflavoured gelatine on top. Let sit for a minute to bloom, then whisk to combine.
- Place saucepan on medium to high heat and bring lemonade to a simmer (do not boil). Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk, then whisk to combine. Add 1 cup whipped cream-flavoured vodka.
- Separate lemonade and vodka gelatine into 3 cups or bowls, evenly (about 1¼ cup each).
- Starting with the lightest colour green, add just a small drop of green food colouring into one bowl.
- Add two or more drops to the next bowl, making it a slightly darker shade green.
- Add 3-4 drops green food colouring to the last bowl, making it the darkest colour green.
- Spray your 23 x 23 cm square pan with baking spray and then wipe clean with a paper towel, leaving only a slight residue.
- Add ½ cup of the lightest green gelatin mixture to pan and let it refrigerate for 15 minutes or until slightly sticky but not totally firm.
- Add ½ cup of the medium shade of green gelatine and let it refrigerate for 15 minutes or until slightly sticky but not totally firm.
- Add ½ cup of the darkest shade of green gelatine and let it refrigerate for 15 minutes or until slightly sticky but not totally firm.
- Repeat these steps until there is no more gelatine mixture. Place pan back in refrigerator for another 2 hours or until completely set and firm.
- When completely firm, run a butter knife along edges of pan and then run hot water carefully along bottom of the pan with your hand to secure the gelatine.
- When you feel it release, flip it over onto a cutting board and slice into squares. Top with whipped cream and edible glitter. Refrigerate until serving.