A quick and easy tropical dessert packed full of flavour and fibre. Serve this dessert with dollops of whipped cream or ice cream.
Mango and Banana Crumble
- 5 cups sliced banana (about 6 bananas)
- 3 cups chopped peeled mango (about 3 mangos)
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup regular oats
- ½ cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- 4½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons crystallised ginger, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Combine the banana slices, chopped mango, and pineapple juice in an 28 x 18 x 4 cm baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oats, coconut, sugar, ginger, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add ⅓ cup oat mixture to the fruit mixture, stirring gently to combine.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the fruit mixture.
- Bake at 190°C for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.