Mangoes Diablo - Mangoes flambéed in Tequila
Mangoes were made to pair with lime and tequila, and it doesn't have to be in a tropical cocktail. Instead we use them to make a delectable dessert - Try these mangoes flambéed in tequila.
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup white tequila
- sea salt (optional for garnish)
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed pan melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the brown sugar. Cook the mixture for 5–6 minutes until it starts to caramelize.
- Stir in the Grand Marnier, lime juice and sliced mangoes. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the tequila over the mangoes and ignite with a long-stemmed match or lighter. Cook for another 2–3 minutes, until the flames burn off.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt if desired.