This lovely tart hides an interesting textured crème base of mixed fruits. The main flavour is orange with a subtle touch of kiwi and pear. Topped off with slices of fresh kiwi this dessert is sure to delight.
- short crust pastry for a 30cm flan
- 6 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- juice of 2 small oranges plus the zest of half an orange
- 300 ml cream
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, diced
- 20 kiwis, peeled (2 diced for filling, 18 sliced for topping)
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Lightly grease (or use non-stick spray) your flan pan and lay sheets of pastry to form the tart base. Trim to fit
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together, then add the orange juice and finely chopped zest.
- Stir in cream, diced pear, and the two diced kiwis.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blitz until smooth. (Depending on the texture you want don't overdo the blitzing)
- Spread the crème filling evenly onto the tart base.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust and crème filling are a golden colour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Decorate with kiwi slices. Serve with whipped cream.
Don't leave too bigger chunks of fruit in the crème base, however you can do a minimal blitz to leave some fruit texture.