Peanut Butter Pie
This peanut butter pie recipe is decadently delicious. A two layer pie, it has peanut butter in the bottom then topped with chocolate and whipped cream. This is an all time favourite pie recipe, it's a hit at every family gathering!
- 23 cm frozen unbaked pie shell, baked and cooled
- 1⅓ cups creamy peanut butter (do not use chunky)
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ⅔ cup plus 1½ tablespoons caster sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 85 g semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoons chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter with half-and-half and ⅔ cup of the caster sugar until smooth.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Beat ⅓ cup white sugar with butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add the egg and beat until light and fluffy, then beat in the melted chocolate.
- Spread mixture over peanut butter filling. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Beat whipping cream with remaining caster sugar until peaks form. Spread on top of pie, garnish with chopped peanuts.