A wonderful dairy-free whipped cream with the beautiful scent and taste of the tropics.
- 400ml Ayam coconut cream (See: Best brands for whipping)
- ¼-½ cup icing sugar (optional)
- vanilla essence and ground cinnamon (optional)
- Place can of coconut milk in the fridge for 6 hours or until firm (best if refrigerated overnight).
- Remove the cold can from the fridge and open it carefully.
- Scoop the solidified coconut milk from the top and place in cooled glass bowl. Save any remaining liquid for another use such as a smoothie.
- Add icing sugar and flavouring (such as cinnamon and vanilla), if using, and whip the coconut cream with an electric beater or wire whisk until it begins to thicken.
- Use as desired.
Be sure not to shake or tip the can. Also take care not to shake the can when removing from the fridge.