Hazelnuts, honey, and thyme flavour up the swede pieces that are perfect with roast meat or as a side for grilled meat or fish.
Honey and Hazelnut Roasted Swede
- 1 large swede, cut into 4-5cm (2") pieces
- 1½ tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, whole and unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Arrange the swede pieces on a large baking tray, toss with the olive oil and season.
- Add the garlic and thyme and toss again. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the honey and hazelnuts.
- Return to the oven for another 8-10 minutes, until golden.