Toasted sesame seeds have a nutty flavour which is perfect for stir-fries and cold noodle dishes. Here are some easy instructions on how to toast sesame seeds.
- Take a roasting tray and line parchment paper on the tray. Pour a thin layer of the sesame seeds on the tray.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and put the sesame seeds in the oven.
- Check them every five minutes and turn them at the same time so they will toast evenly.
- Take out of the oven once the sesame seeds start getting some light golden brown colour.
- Heat up a dry and clean frying pan (you can also use a wok).
- Add sesame seeds and keep moving or stirring with a wooden spoon or a heat proof spatula.
- Once the sesame seeds start getting light golden brown in colour, remove from the stove immediately and leave to cool down before you put them away.
You can store the toasted sesame seed in a dry, clean and airtight jar once it’s cool down. Keep the jar in the room temperature place.