Amazing crunchy fritters using cabbage and bacon. They are quick and easy to make for a simple snack or to go with your main meal.
- 2½ cups cabbage, finely chopped or grated
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt, for serving
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced (for garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil; mix well.
- In a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil. Drop tablespoons of batter into skillet; making sure not to overcrowd the fritters. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined serving dish and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with Greek yoghurt and spring onion.
Substitute the bacon with cooked corned beef.